Monday, July 15, 2019

Noticing



Every now and then, I find myself driving to work when that wasn't my destination. The route is so familiar that I do it without thinking, on autopilot.

This week, join me in not using plastic bags, or at least, noticing when you do so. You may be surprised. Before I sat down to write this post, I noticed that I had a very ripe banana. It's now in the freezer for a future smoothie, and it's in a plastic bag. I actually thought about putting it in one of my glass containers, then convinced myself that one bag didn't matter, that it would fit better in my freezer. That rationalization is what birthed this post.

"Just one" bag probably doesn't matter, except that I'm not the only one using them. Let's make this a week of being kinder to our dear Mother Earth and all its creatures; make room in the freezer for a glass container, remember to bring mesh bags to the grocery store for your veggies, and more.

If you have an aha, or a creative way to avoid plastic bags, please share it in a comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment