Monday, July 22, 2019

Mud Pies and Smiles


This morning, I find myself in a bit of grumbliness. Stayed up late, have too much on my schedule, even cranky that I am late writing this post. So, for me, and those of you who choose to practice with me, this week's commitment, be gentle with yourself.

There's a phrase, "No mud, no lotus." It reminds us that the beautiful lotus that floats on the surface of a pond has roots in the gunk below. Without the nourishment of that mud, there is no flower.

I can "should" on myself, should have gone to sleep earlier, should have scheduled this blog to post earlier this week, should be more "together." Naw, today, I choose to bless my whole self, mud, stem and blossom; I am what I am, grateful for it all.

That's this week's practice -- have a look at the tab above for the short version.

No comments:

Post a Comment