Monday, November 4, 2019

Kindness to Yourself

Child holding her face
Photo by Carl J on Unsplash

Just now I remembered, it's Monday!, followed by Oh, crud! I didn't post a Monday kindness blog.

I've been away at a deepening spiritual retreat and returned to the aftermath of evacuations and power outages. One could clearly excuse my forgetfulness. Then there's my inner critic, reminding me that I thought about it on Saturday, had all Sunday afternoon and evening to do something, and I didn't. 

So, today's practice. When you "blow it," be gentle to yourself. Remember that inner one that strives to do their best, no matter what, and sometimes they forget. It's not the end of the world, it's not even proof that they are a bad person. It's simply a moment of forgetfulness.

So today, be kind to yourself, whatever happens, or doesn't happen. Your gentleness and loving self-acceptance matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment